I had quite a lot of ladies show up for this week's wine/nail night. In case you're just tuning in, each Tuesday night, I host a little get together at my home. We drink wine, I paint the ladies' nails, and we chit chat next to a fire outside. It's a night I look forward to with my girlfriends each week. Especially since I'm a hermit. :)
So here's the designs I did this week.
My polish got messed up. :( So I'll be changing my polish a little pre-maturely.
Look at this mess!!! I need to stop being such a slob.
Here is my nail painting procedure plus the top and base coats I use on everyone:
- Coat fingertips in cuticle remover
- Push back cuticles with a spoon
- Wash hands and scrub nail beds well with a nail brush
- Use nippers to cut away hangnails or torn cuticles (if necessary)
- Shape nails with clippers (if necessary)
- Use a fine grain natural nail buffer to rough up the nails and smooth the free edge of the nail
- 1 coat Orly Nail Defense to strengthen
- 1 coat Orly Nail Armor to smooth the nail and fill ridges
- 2 coats or more of desired polish
- 1 coat of Seche Vite
- Add oil to cuticles
- 5 minutes of dry time in front of a fan
- Wash oil off of hands with soap and water
- Add nail art or designs
- Clean nail beds with acetone and a small slanted paint brush.
- Seal in design and protect polish with a thick coat of Gelous
- 5 more minutes of dry time in front of the fan
Here's all the polishes used in the creation of these manis:
I go through a lot of cuticle oil: moisturize, moisturize, moisturize...
So what do you think of these designs? Which is your favorite?
Do you have any get-together's like this with your friends?