Followers

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

The Nail Junkie: February 2012 Birchbox Review









 Here's a rundown of each item I received this month: 
  1. Colorscience Pro: Glow and Go Travel Puff: these remind me of oil blotting sheets I used as a teen, but they have mineral make up in them. I get a little shiny from time to time. You only get one which is a bummer. I don't see this being a product I would get much use from but I will try it for sure. Thumbs Up!!!
  2. Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant: this is a talcum powder. You mix it with water to form a paste that you use as a facial exfoliant. I am super excited to try this product! I am all about exfoliation. I regularly exfoliate my face and chest area, my legs and my feet. I use several different products ranging from body scrubs to pumice stones but I get the job done. This product is for me. Thumbs Up!!!
  3. Jouer Luminizing Moisture Tint: this is another product from Birchbox's signature cosmetic line. I am pretty set on moisturizers but I like trying new "foundations" for my mineral make-up. I like "lighter" feeling products on my face. So this will be nice to try. Thumbs Up!!!
  4. Eye Rock Designer Liner: this is basically an eyeliner decal. You get a size-able sample of 4 pairs that are in 4 different "shapes". It seems everyone is jumping on the decal wagon: nails, lips, eyeliner. I am excited to see how this looks. It seems very wear-able and will be fun to use on one of my nights out. Thumbs Up!!! 
  5. A heart shaped nail file: no explanation necessary. I don't use nail files so, bleh!! Thumbs Down!!!
  6. A certificate for free music downloads from some band I've never heard of: Who? No thanks!!! Thumbs Down.

My overall review:
I love this box. Well worth the $10. I also subscribe to Julep and MyGlam. I was going to cancel Birchbox, but I'm pretty attached to this service. I might just keep all 3 till I get sick of them.

Below is a referral link for those of you who are considering joining Birchbox or would just like to check it out. It's $10 a month and you can cancel at anytime.

Just so you all know, I am not in any way affiliated with Birchbox. I am a paid subscriber. I was not asked to do this review. These are my honest and unsolicited opinions of Birchbox and the products I receive each month. 







3 comments:

  1. Nice post!

    I have a boticca.com giveaway on my blog.. it would mean a lot if you visit my blog and check it out! See you there :)

    You are one step away from winning $100! Click the link below to enter my giveaway! :)
    Enter boticca.com giveaway, win $100
    ♥ www.thegirlatfirstavenue.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was a little wary about the boxes this month, but after seeing everyone else's boxes, I got off easy this month! I got an oil for the hair, a full size lipstick, the benta berry moisturizer and wei pomegranate buffing beads. I loved the wei product!

    You can see my unboxing and review here:
    http://www.mrsgaeul.com

    ReplyDelete