Followers

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Nailtiques Formula 2 Plus: My review

So I've been on the hunt for the say all end all in base coats. I have nails that are thin and peel. I am an avid reader of the online version of Nails Magazine and I read an article where they named Nailtiques as their pick for best base coat. So I tried it out.

I ordered a bottle from their website: http://www.nailtiques.com/. They processed and shipped the order quickly. I paid $9.50 for the polish and $5 for shipping. A little steep if you ask me, but I'm kind of a tightwad. Anyway, several days after my order I found Nailtiques in my local Rite Aid. Bummer!!! I would have just bought it at the store if I had known they sold it there.




However, I got a free gift with my polish! Yay! Free gift! They sent a cute little drawstring bag and a free bottle of their cuticle oil. It's great oil too. It's thick and it smells wonderful. Unlike most of my oils, this one has some staying power.



I purchased this product about 6-7 weeks ago. I figured I would wait and give the product a fair trial before I did a review. I knew it would take some time to show some real results. And there were definitely results. My nails are much stronger and peel a lot less. They aren't perfect yet, which means my search will continue in hopes to find that perfect basecoat.





So in closing:

PROS
  • The product was shipped in a timely fashion, attractively packaged, and came with an awesome FREE GIFT!
  • I did notice improvement to strength of my nails as well as a decrease in peeling. 
  • The polish is nice and thick, applies well, and works awesome as a base-coat for polish. When I wore it alone it actually felt like I had rubber on my nails. 
CONS
  • The bottle is rather expensive for as small as it is. It is only half the size of your average polish bottle. I would have been incredibly more satisfied with a full size polish bottle. 
  • I still noticed peeling on several of my nails, meaning this isn't the say all end all of base-coats. 

So will I buy again? I am going to say yes. So far, this is the best base-coat/nail treatment I have used to date. I would like to try a few more products before I give up and settle with Nailtiques, but overall I was impressed with this product and I would recommend it. 

On a side note, I have heard people complain that they need to repair their nails after wearing acrylics. I saw that Nailtiques sells a specialty kit just for that purpose. Ex-acrylic nail wearers may want to check that out. 

2 comments:

  1. i like nailtiques formula 2 plus it really works i thimk isa little bottle case u getting lil be of something that really works!!!they also have .5 oz bottle !i love it works great for me !!

    ReplyDelete