Followers

Monday, October 31, 2011

Today's "Around Town" Haul

Okay, so I had a little free time after school today and I decided I was going to check out the craft store and drugstores to see if they had any new polish. I promised myself I was NOT GOING TO BUY ANYTHING. Well.....this is how it turned out:

I bought some more paint dishes for water marbling and nail art. I picked up a couple new brush sets. I got some Sharpies for my nail art experiment and I picked up some random polishes.


The first polish is a very light blue, almost silver color. The second, is a very shimmery dark nude color that really compliments my skin tone. The third is a cobalt blue that I thought would be good for stamping (SH Insta-dries are supposed to be good stamping polishes). The fourth and final bottle is a green and gold fine glitter polish that will really be good for the holiday season. I only spent $3 on all this though. Which was good. I had a $10 Target giftcard and store credit at the craft store for returned merchandise. So I guess that makes it okay. :) I also scored some free Zoya today, as you saw in my previous post. So today was a good day.




4 comments:

  1. Great haul!! I need to get me some real nail art brushes if I'm going to continue to attempt nail art. LOL And I have that Sinful glitter...I really like it! It looks great with Zoya Midori if you have that one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a friend who works at a nail salon and she is an awesome nail artist and all she uses at work is a toothpick and a mechanical pencil without the lead (she just dips it in polish and draws). Some people like dotting tools. Some don't. I've seen some awesome nail art with nail pens or Sharpies. A lot of people love using plain acrylic pain for nail art (me!!!) and others really just like using polish. So it all depends on what you're comfortable with and what your style is. That's why I buy so many brushes and tools. I like using a lot of different tools and I'm a noob so I have to learn what I'm most comfortable with. Plus, experimentation is fun and challenging. I love all the tips I've gotten from other nail polish addicts, and most of it is super helpful, but in the end, it all comes down to personal preference.

    But I was in paint brush heaven at the craft store. There was so much to choose from and the prices were so much lower than, say, Sally's. I paid $10 for a really lousy, unuseable set of brushes from Sally's. Then turned around and got a set that was a hundred times better for $3 at the craft store. I even got dotting tools there. Plus, some girl posted on Trace's FB the other day and directed her to a Robin Moses tutorial on cutting paint brushes. I can't wait to do that. I like my brushes as thin and tiny as they come. I am going to cut up that set of striper brushes I just bought.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that green glitter! I think I almost bought it, but I got a gold glitter instead. Last week Walgreens had Sinful Colors on sale for 99 cents, so I got some for a Christmas giveaway. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why don't you share that kind of info silly woman? I would have snatched up a bunch of SC at that price. I love that glitter. I should swatch it. It covers super well. And I love that it's green and gold, not just green. Because of course gold makes everything better. The guy at Rite Aid told me that friday is the deadline for Holiday polish sets. So hopefully we see everything this week. I want the whole W&W Ice line. So shoot a text if you see it anywhere you're haunting.

    ReplyDelete