Followers

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

My April 2013 Julep Maven "Boho Glam" Box

Look what came in the mail today!!! 
My April 2013 Julep Maven Box. I chose the "Boho Glam" box this month. I definitely wanted to try the serum and I liked these color selections the best of all the boxes. 

Here's what was inside: 


I was thrilled to try out this Nail & Cuticle Serum. I have almost as many nail products as I do nail polishes. I like the pen design of this and the tip fits nicely into cuticles. However, their instructions which call for only a "half turn" of the dial are off. I turned it like 20 times before oil came out and had to keep turning it to keep the oil flowing to fully moisturize all ten nails. Maybe it's just because it's new. I don't know. If you have one, maybe you could tell me if you had a similar experience. 


This month's "Boho Glam" box included two vibrant summer shades: Kaylen and Lena

Two coats of each on a clear swatch spoon. Look how lovely the gold shimmer is in Lena. I was instantly in love! Julep's swatches that they use for you to choose your boxes really aren't doing these colors any justice. 

Here's on the nail swatches of Kaylen. Two coats with topcoat. It's an orange jelly polish. I have to say, not really my shade.



Here's on the nail swatches of Lena. A blue-green creme with subtle gold shimmer. I LOVE THIS POLISH. And guess what guys.....this is ONE COAT WITH TOPCOAT. That's right, Lena is a one coater. And I pretty much never say that. I mean, who doesn't want to throw in an extra coat for good measure? But honestly it wasn't at all needed and I didn't do it. No VNL and smooth as butter. This is one of my favorite Julep polishes of all time. 



If you aren't a Maven and are interested in becoming one, Julep is currently running a special where you can get your introductory box for FREE! The box also SHIPS FOR FREE! Simply use the code "FREEBOX"  at check out.

There is no obligation to continue your subscription, you cancel at any time. Or you have several options each month: you can skip the month without charge, choose another style for the month, or send your box to a friend. It's up to you!!! Here is a referring link if you want to check them out. Take their brief style quiz and find out which box Julep has chosen for you.


What have you got to lose?? It's certainly worth seeing what all the buzz is about. I know I personally love getting these boxes each month.

What do you think of this month's box? If you're a Maven, did you like yours?

6 comments:

  1. Lena is gorgeous! I love gold shimmer in pretty much any polish, haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. Or any shimmer for that matter. I'm a sucker for anything sparkly. ;)

      Delete
  2. WOW Lena is so beautiful! Julep's swatches didn't show off the gold shimmer at all- I wouldn't have passed if I had seen your pictures during the choosing window!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tell that to Julep. LOL! They would be better off with plastic swatch spoons than the swatches they're using.

      Delete
  3. My serum takes about 3 clicks per hand. Sometimes more. And it also took AT LEAST 20 clicks to get it flowing when I started it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I wasn't the only one. I thought maybe it was broken. :(

      Delete