Followers

Friday, December 28, 2012

Essie "Fair Game" + Layering + Stamping =

I started this mani with a Essie "Fair Play". It's a silvery grey/blue polish. I didn't really care for the color much by itself, but once I layered over it, I liked it. 





Then I layered a coat of "Mele Kalikimaka" by Red Dog Designs. It really brought the mani to life. 







Since this glitter polish has a Hawaiian name, I decided to add some white Hawaiian flowers. I loved it! 


So what do you think of this Hawaiian themed mani? 


3 comments:

  1. Ooops! This needs a couple correction - the name of this Essie is Fair Game not Fair Play - It's from a collection that was all about names to do with things from an African Safari. You can still call the title whatever you want - but the first frame says you started with Fair Play - that should be Fair Game - your photo down from there even shows the label name on the Essie bottle. Not sure why this one is not showing up on my screen quite the color is is IRL. I really fell for this shade and mine was not as frosty as yours is looking. Wondering if there were a couple different batches of it. Have a good night - glad you got this one to a place where you felt OK about wearing and showing it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks BeachGal! I changed the typo in the name. As far as the color...I don't know. It is a frosty greyish blue on me. Maybe it's a skin tone difference rather than a batch difference. Darker shades sometimes appear lighter on my darker skin tone. I wasn't all that thrilled with this polish. It's a little plain for my taste.

      Delete