Followers

Thursday, October 25, 2012

FAIL ART? Julep Orange Crackle + Black + Glitter = HALLOWEEN MANI

I decided I wanted to play around with the contents of my October Julep Maven box and here's the "unusual" mani I came up with: 










Remember the glitter pots Julep sent with the October Maven box?? I got the bright idea to "franken" with mine. I love this festive glitter polish I came up with. I will definitely be trying it again on a few of my fall manis. 







Although this mani is creative, I think it was just "too much". I have never been a big crackle fan, but I was excited to try the orange with black. My hubby said my "nails looked gross". What do you think? 

Did you do anything creative with your October Julep Maven box? 

6 comments:

  1. I agree with hubby ;) lol but I'm not a crackle fan! I thought about frankening with my glitter pots too. Looks fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with hubby. I'm not a crackle fan (though I like the color of this one) but I thought it looked okay with just the crackle over the black. Something about adding the glitter made it look...lumpy? I do think the glitter'll look good over something non-crackley though. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I may franken with my glitters from this box too. I tried it loose, over a denim blue polish but it was so messy. I like crackles, but had pretty much hit my limit for owning them when this box came out. I basically got the box because I had really high hopes about the quick dry drops. . . They didn't blow me away though. :( I think the glitter polish obscured the crackle effect too much in your mani, but I bet that franken will look great over a smooth color!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol i agree with you hubby xD but its good for halloween ^^

    visit my blog ^^
    www.luchluchcraft.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't really like crackle but it's good for halloween :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You guys made me laugh!! Needless to say, this mani lasted about a day and got taken off and replaced with the quickness. :) I don't think I like Crackle as much as I convince myself I will.

    ReplyDelete