Followers

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Mini Haul, My Latest Mani, and a Summer 2012 Polish Line Release Update

My second favorite prop: Vodka!!! Second only to a luscious bottle of polish. I don't get to enjoy these chilly beverages nearly often enough. 

Here was my mini haul from Sally Beauty. I had a coupon for $10 off a $20 purchase. So I spent a grand total of less than $11!!!! Wow!!!! 

I know, I know....no pretty polishes. I am banned from buying anything that's not on my WISHLIST. I have almost filled a Helmer in just a matter of months. And to be honest, it feels pretty extreme. I am trying to be very selective about what polishes I buy and I've solemnly swore I won't over-fill my Helmer. I won't call this a no-buy...just a selective-buying period. 

I pretty much just stocked up on the necessities: acetone, Gelous, polish thinner. I have been having a lot of friends over for mani/pedis and I go through certain supplies pretty quickly. I got these nifty toe separators which I LOVE! I never use the larger ones because they hurt my toes. These are perfect!!! I got a crystal file, which kind of sucks, so I wouldn't recommend it. I also got a cheapy bottle of liquid mascara. I usually use a pencil but thought I'd give liquid a try. It was not a fun experience at all. LOL! My friends say I just need more practice. I don't know about that though, I like my make-up to be simple and quick. I picked up a gigantic birchwood stick because...well...it was big. Plus I love those things. They are handy for all sorts of nail related endeavors. I like to use them to clean under my nails and to push my cuticles back. They also work great for a variety of nail art tasks. The cashier at Sally's threw a couple sample packs of a foot soak into my bag. SCORE! I love free stuff. 

As for my mani, I finally tried out one of my polishes from the China Glaze Magnetix Collection. I bought all but one. I've used them on other people, but I had not yet tried them on myself. I am now an even bigger fan! 

This is one coat of China Glaze "Cling On", variations of the 3  magnet designs, and 1 coat of Butter London P.D. Quick Topcoat. My only real problem, was I kept touching the magnet to my fingers like a nail-tard. 


This polish was super easy to use, it was a one coater, and voila...instant nail art!!! I love these polishes and I can't wait to get the new magnets and maybe a few new colors when China Glaze releases the Magnetix II collection later this summer. 

In case you missed that release, here's a promo photo:

Now, as for the release of my Summer Line, everything is ready to go except my swatches. I am releasing a total of 6 new colors as well as 3 of the old ones.

I ripped off a pinky nail over the weekend and maimed my nails. By maimed I don't mean nubbin nail, I mean that I am freakin injured! Swelling. Bleeding. Exposed nail bed. I am no baby, but it hurt so bad and was throbbing so horribly that it kept me awake all night after it happened. So much for taking all my pictures! Here's a pic, it's not nearly as bad now. It's been a couple days and lots of nurturing later.


So I found a "hand double" (my lovely niece) to fill in for me and I'm hoping to get in a power swatching session later today. I can't make any promises on time frames though. I'm so over-committed right now. I am taking summer classes at school. I am cramming for my graduation this December. My classes aren't hard, per say, but I am really bogged down with class work. I'm taking 3 online classes right now. That's a 9 week semester class crammed into 3 weeks. I am turning in 3 page case study papers 4 times a week!!! That is no exaggeration. I love to write and I'm pumping this homework out like a pro, but between the kids, the house, my job, blogging, polish.....and that's not even the half of it. I don't have any choice but to re-prioritize on a daily basis. I hate that! I want to throw myself into launching this polish because it's ready to go. I have no choice but to put other things first sometimes.


I already have an associate degree and I'll be graduating in just a few short months with my Bachelor of Business Administration degree from KSU. I am going to throw the biggest graduation party this town has ever seen. I'm more excited to plan my graduation party than I was to plan my wedding and that's real! This is a huge life long accomplishment and dream of mine. Anyone can get married....THIS is something I am truly proud of. :)



Anyway, there's my story of what's going on in my life right now. I don't usually like to do wordy personal posts, but I've had a lot of readers ask me to start opening up a little more, so hear it is folks...a life story! :) 

11 comments:

  1. I love the magnetic nails! OUCH! That pinky must hurt... Well, I can't wait for your new polish line, whenever you find the time to release it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! And yeah...I was shocked at how bad it hurt. I've birthed two babies. Broken bones. Been in a fight or two. And that finger hurt like hell!!! It was like a toothache!!!

      Delete
  2. Aleta, Congrats on your great 94 score (it's much better than 'nice'!). And I know how terrific it feels to have a life-long dream FINALLY in sight---I respect and admire you so much for sticking to your plans through everything else--marriage, job, kiddies, etc. Go, girl! After all that serious stuff, I have a question for you: what is Gelous and what is it used for? Oh yeah, and I have also filled close to a helmer these past few months. Think I'm addicted? LOL Thanks! ^.^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind words! Gelous is intended to be an anchoring basecoat. Most people, however, use it as a topcoat. It is really thick so it is awesome for covering "hungry glitters" and I use it over all my manis because it does a great job of protecting. I use Seche Vite or a fast dry topcoat right after I paint my nails. But a day or so later, I'll add a nice thick coat of Gelous. I swear by the stuff. I get extremely long wear out of my polishes with Gelous. It's sold at Sally Beauty Supply. I haven't seen it anywhere else. It's one of my staple products.

      Delete
    2. Thanks, Sweetie. I will look for it when I go to Sally's. Hope your finger is better; I should have mentioned Neosporin w/ pain relief. That works great---I do things like this all the time. ;)

      Delete
  3. Congrats! And sorry about your nail - OUCH! Can't wait for the release of the new line! Can't wait to see pics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. With you totally on the need to not buy new as like you, my stash exceeds my storage totally. I am waiting for a new camera I ordered to arrive as my old one is goners it seems and phone photos just don't make it - I need to sell all my many many dupes I bought in the past 3 yrs thinking I did not want to run the risk that I would love one and not find it or have to pay $$$ to buy it again - totally wrong approach in collecting. I am now loving my stash and working my way through the many never trieds i have. You got really practical and useful things on your haul. I know you will love the Gelous for use with those that have rough finishes like glitters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gelous is awesome. This is my third bottle or so. It's one of my "staple" products for sure. And hey, when you start thinning the stash, make sure I know about it. ;)

      Delete
  5. Woah, you are SO COOL!!!!! I truly wish I could come over for your graduation party. This is going to be such an awesome party I'm sure!!!!!

    Good luck <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey you never know. A trip to the states might be a fun thing for you to plan.

      Delete