Followers

Monday, April 30, 2012

2 Part Mani: Part 1: China Glaze "Sun Worshiper"

I didn't like this polish at first, but as I wore it around, it grew on me. It's a really obnoxious orange even though the photographs appear more "yellow-y". The formula is great, but it's more of a jelly and its pretty sheer, so expect some VNL, even after 3 coats. 

For this Mani I used: 
  • 2 coats of Nail Envy 
  • 1 coat of Butter London Nail Foundation
  • 3 coats of China Glaze Sun Worshiper (and it still wasn't opaque! Ugh)
  • 1 coat Butter London P.D. Quick Topcoat







China Glaze Sun Worshiper was released by China Glaze with their 2010 Poolside Collection. It's a wonderful set of summer neons that have a lovely suede finish. These are part of China Glaze's core collection and are readily available where these polishes are sold. 




"

7 comments:

  1. I just recently bought this polish and love it! I didn't buy it as a set and I haven't worn just the one color but I used it with CG's Flip Flop Fantasy and In The Lime Light for a gradient nail. I bet it would really pop if you painted it over white :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm sure its great over white! Thanks for the idea!

      Delete
  2. I was just wondering how long does it usually take you for a mani? I'm impatient so I can't imagine 3 coats before even getting to the color!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the question. I do my manis in steps. I do all my basecoats and I wait a day for them to dry. Then I polish. Anything more than 2 coats of polish and you have to wait for the coats to dry. I'm sure this wouldn't work for everyone. :)

      Delete
    2. I do my base coat the night before - several hrs at least before I go to sleep...then when I get to it the next day - on with the color layers. I find I get really go wear doing this. Right now I am on day 9 with the SAME mani - however it does have a base layer a Revlon opaque Amethyst(Color Stay) of Nubar white and black Polka Dot - as well as Whistle my Pirouette...gelous then topped with a layer of Don't touch my Tutu. Sort of sounds like a lot of layers - but many are very, very sheer. Anyhow..glitter always helps prolong a mani. I know I could get another 5 days out of this - but the growth line is starting to get to me. Love this duo you have started with this shade here - a fav of mine out of the Poolside collection - somehow I think the Poolside collection is going to be the fav one once the new 2012 CG neon collection get out..I have swatches of all the shades finally on my Pinterest page - Beachgal Beachgal.

      Delete
  3. Lovely post! Im really liking the blue & pink in the collection :)

    Iv nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award! :D
    - http://tipsandtopcoat.blogspot.co.uk/

    xxx

    ReplyDelete